Mona Lisa's Smile

April 2, 2011


The film has many strength compared to any other films that I ever watched. It is strong in the characterization, setting and the moral values. The choosing of the characters in the story also play an important role in making this film so special. First of all, it is very wise of the director of choosing Julia Robert as the main character. Although I am not her fan, I think she should be praised of her strong character in the story. She has succeeded in playing her part as a good teacher. She changed her approach upon receiving the responses from the students when she forst entered the class. She showed a good example of a versatile teacher and she did not give up with the treatment she received from the students. Although at first she seemed to be unliked by the student, she then placed herself at a place where the students would respect her. Another thing that i would like to discuss about the characterization is the students' characters. none of them have the same  thought and they act differently, so that the audience can differentiate each one of them. the girls really caught my interest by the way they dress up, their actions and also their way of thinking. the film is different from others as it portrayed how the teacher dealt with the married students. although they are married, they still continued their studies. In other words, they being very tough to do their responsibilities as wife and in the same time as a students. I really like the part where the married student asked for divorce when she felt she's been neglected by the students. It shows that women has their own power to decide their life even though they has gone through a marriage that was arranged by the parents. It taught me for not to accept strangers in my life before I knew them well. Moreover, I want to live till the end with someone I love, I knew that I have to be choosy in order to have a meaningful life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment